Becoming an LPN in Milwaukee
The city of Milwaukee, WI has a population of 594,883. The city is part of the Milwaukee-Racine-Waukesha metropolitan area, which has a population of 2,037,542.
Thirty-one hospitals, 69 nursing homes, and over 50 home health agencies serve area residents. Milwaukee’s 31 hospitals include Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, which is nationally ranked in nine specialties. Among the area’s 69 nursing homes are Virginia Highlands Health and Rehabilitation and Milwaukee Estates Living and Care Center. Regal Home Health Services and Horizon Home Care and Hospice are just two of the many home health agencies that serve the people of the Milwaukee area.
Milwaukee’s hospitals, nursing homes, and home health agencies pay the area’s 2,980 licensed practical nurses the highest average pay rates of any LPN's working in Wisconsin. Milwaukee area LPN's earn an average hourly wage of $21.89 and an average annual salary of $45,540. These pay rates are significantly higher than the average pay rates for Madison LPN's, who are the second-highest paid LPN's in the state. Madison area LPN's earn an average hourly wage of $20.71 and an average annual salary of $43,080. LPN's who work in Green Bay earn an average hourly wage of $18.19 and an average annual salary of $37,830.
Currently, the Milwaukee area is home to one LPN program. The program is located at Milwaukee Area Tech College. It is among the top 15 LPN training programs in the state.
LPN Programs Near Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Gateway Technical College
3520 30th Ave, Kenosha, WI (262) 564-2200
33.6 Miles Away
Get More Information About: Gateway Technical College
Ranked #5 in Wisconsin
Moraine Park Technical College
700 Gould St, Beaver Dam, WI (920) 887-1101
51.8 Miles Away
Lakeshore Technical College
1290 North Ave, Cleveland, WI (920) 693-1000
59.7 Miles Away
Get More Information About: Lakeshore Technical College
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive, Appleton, WI (920) 735-5600
85.7 Miles Away
Get More Information About: Fox Valley Technical College
- When choosing a career in the nursing profession, it is important for individuals to know the differences between a Certified…
- When embarking on a career in the nursing field, many students may not be aware of the differences between the…
- So, you are thinking about a practical nursing degree or maybe you are already in a program, I am willing…
- Many people might not know the exact difference between a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and a Registered Nurse (RN). Although…
- The very moment I heard my name called letting me know I would be accepted into the Sowela practical nursing…