Becoming an LPN in Oklahoma
The state of Oklahoma strives to offer the highest quality healthcare by focusing on educational development and continued personal growth of their nurses. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Oklahoma is slated for a 7% increase in licensed practical nurse (LPN) jobs per year by 2024. Individuals seeking to meet this growing demand are encouraged to apply for state licensure by attending an approved nursing program or transferring from another state and applying by endorsement.
Program Details1201 W Willow Road, Enid, OK 73703 Request Information1415 7th St, Fort Cobb, OK 73038 Request Information1401 Michigan Ave., Chickasha, OK 73018 Request Information6505 East Highway 66, El Reno, OK 73036 Request Information3 CT Circle, Drumright, OK 74030 Request Information1720 S Main St, Sapulpa, OK 74066 Request Information283 Oklahoma 33, Omega, OK 73764 Request Information12777 N Rockwell Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73142 Request Information1 John C. Bruton Blvd, Shawnee, OK 74804 Request Information4500 SW Lee Blvd, Lawton, OK 73505 Request Information4500 SW Lee Blvd, Lawton, OK 73505 Request Information1100 Oklahoma Loop 56, Okmulgee, OK 74447 Request Information3921 34th St, Woodward, OK 73801 Request Information2403 N 41st Street East, Muskogee, OK 74403 Request Information401 Houser, Sallisaw, OK 74955 Request InformationHWY 59 and Maryetta Rd., Stilwell, OK 74960 Request Information240 VoTech Road, Tahlequah, OK 74464 Request Information405 SW O Street, Antlers, OK 74523 Request Information1301 W Liberty Road, Atoka, OK 74525 Request Information810 Waldron Road, Durant, OK 74701 Request Information107 S 15th Street, Hugo, OK 74743 Request Information3205 Lincoln Road NE, Hwy 259 N & 70 Bypass, Idabel, OK 74745 Request Information301 Kiamichi Drive, McAlester, OK 74501 Request Information1509 S McKenna St, Poteau, OK 74953 Request Information1410 Old Military Road, Stigler, OK 74462 Request Information13739 SE 202 Road, Talihina, OK 74571 Request Information1312 S Sangre Rd, Stillwater, OK 74074 Request Information1901 Springlake Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73111 Request Information27438 Oklahoma 59, Wayne, OK 73095 Request Information1621 Maple Dr, Midwest City, OK 73110 Request Information4701 12th Avenue NW, Norman, OK 73069 Request Information19901 U.S. 69, Afton, OK 74331 Request Information1901 N. Hwy 88, Claremore, OK 74017 Request Information450 N. Hwy 59, Kansas, OK 74347 Request Information6195 W. Hwy 20, Pryor, OK 74361 Request Information2101 N. Ash, Ponca City, OK 74601 Request Information112 SW 11th St, Lawton, OK 73501 Request Information201 N Eastern Ave, Moore, OK 73160 Request Information309 S Ann Arbor Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73128 Request Information3801 S Sheridan Rd, Tulsa, OK 74145 Request Information601 W 33rd St, Ada, OK 74820 Request Information3300 W Bois D'Arc Ave, Duncan, OK 73533 Request Information2610 Sam Noble Pkwy, Ardmore, OK 73401 Request Information711 W Tamarack Rd, Altus, OK 73521 Request Information6101 Nowata Rd, Bartlesville, OK 74006 Request Information3350 S Memorial Dr, Tulsa, OK 74145 Request Information7892 Highway 9, Wetumka, OK 74883 Request Information621 Sooner Drive, Burns Flat, OK 73624 Request Information
Source: Practical nursing programs appearing on these pages have been retrieved from their respective state board overseeing practical or vocational nursing licensure. The data was retrieved on Sept 14, 2016.
- When choosing a career in the nursing profession, it is important for individuals to know the differences between a Certified…
- When embarking on a career in the nursing field, many students may not be aware of the differences between the…
- So, you are thinking about a practical nursing degree or maybe you are already in a program, I am willing…
- Many people might not know the exact difference between a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and a Registered Nurse (RN). Although…
- The very moment I heard my name called letting me know I would be accepted into the Sowela practical nursing…
Oklahoma LPN Licensing Requirements
Oklahoma requires its LPN applicants to attend a Board-certified nursing program and pass the NCLEX exam within 2 years of graduation.
In order to receive state licensure, the applicant must submit an application to the state, including:
- Official transcripts from state-approved nursing program.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US.
- Proof of passing the NCLEX.
Oklahoma Nursing Forms and Applications (https://www.ok.gov/nursing/forms3.html)
Physical strength and endurance are part of an LPN’s daily routine. Even though it may not be required at the time of application, it is definitely helpful in performing duties as a nurse.
Out-of-state LPN's can apply for their license in the state of Oklahoma by endorsement. The applicant must submit the appropriate form and include:
- Licensing verification and proof of continued competency by taking a refresher course or completing 6 academic hours or 105 contact hours.
- Submit an employer verification form that proves licensure in another state with at least 520 hours worked over the last 2 years.
- Official transcripts from state-approved nursing program.
- Proof of passing the NCLEX-PN or the State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE).
Foreign applicants must also submit a full course-by-course review of their official transcripts via the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS), as well as proof of English proficiency.
Oklahoma LPN licenses expire every 2 years and require continuing qualifications for renewal. Licensees must complete one or more of the following requirements within the 2 year licensing period:
- Employed in a nursing position and work at least 520 hours as a practical nurse.
- Complete at least 24 contact hours of approved continued education.
- Certify in a nursing specialty area.
- Complete a board-approved refresher course.
- Complete at least 6 academic semester credit hours in nursing (at or above current nursing level).
Additional OK Nursing Resources
Oklahoma Board of Nursing
2915 N. Classen Boulevard, Suite 524
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Phone: (405) 962-1800
Fax: (405) 962-1821
1. Oklahoma Nurses Association (http://www.oknurses.com/)For those interested in advancing their nursing career, see our Oklahoma LPN to RN programs page.