Becoming an LPN in Missouri
The State of Missouri fosters high standards of nursing, working toward the improvement and availability of services for all people. The Bureau of Labor Statistic anticipates a 7% increase in licensed practical nurse (LPN) jobs per year in Missouri by 2024. Individuals can meet this growing demand by meeting the state’s requirements and applying for a Missouri LPN license. Missouri is 1 of 24 states participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) which allows nurses from other NLC states to practice in the state without additional licensure.
Program Details6347 Plymouth Ave, St. Louis, MO 63133 Request Information12721 West Watson Road, Sunset Hills, MO 63127 Request Information1135 N. OAKLAND, Bolivar, MO 65613 Request Information1080 S. Silver Springs Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703 Request Information609 S River St, Carthage, MO 64836 Request Information1600 E. Elm Street, Harrisonville, MO 64701 Request Information602 S 5th St, Clinton, MO 64735 Request Information1818 W. Worley Street, Columbia, MO 65203 Request Information3239 Broadway St, Columbia, MO 64111 Request Information1978 Image Drive, Washington, MO 63090 Request Information3950 Newman Rd, Joplin, MO 64801 Request Information4650 McMasters Ave., Hannibal, MO 63401 Request Information3434 Faraon, Saint Joseph, MO 64506 Request Information1000 Viking Dr,, Hillsboro, MO 63050 Request Information1103 S Cottage Grove, Kirksville, MO 63501 Request Information2323 High School Dr, Lexington, MO 64067 Request Information3200 Broadway, kansas, MO 64111 Request Information5270 Flat River Rd, Park Hills, MO 63601 Request Information2900 Doreli Lane, Mexico, MO 65265 Request Information101 College Ave., Moberly, MO 65270 Request Information900 W Ashland St, Nevada, MO 64772 Request Information3400 Bulldog Ave, bethany, MO 64424 Request Information1301 Main Street, Trenton, MO 64683 Request Information1301 main street, Trenton, MO 64683 Request Information1801 Branch St, Platte City, MO 64079 Request Information22360 Highway MM, Lebanon, MO 65536 Request Information1001 East Chestnut Expressway Suite IC205, Springfield, MO 65802 Request Information10698 MO-165, Hollister, MO 65672 Request Information342 Vo Tech Rd, Eolia, MO 63344 Request Information1110 N Westwood Blvd, Poplar Bluff, MO 63901 Request Information1304 E 10th St, Rolla, MO 65401 Request Information900 W Vest St, Marshall, MO 65340 Request Information1002 Virginia St, Sikeston, MO 63801 Request Information407 W. Thornburgh, West Plains, MO 65775 Request Information4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr, Cottleville, MO 63376 Request Information1297 North Highway Drive, Fenton, MO 63026 Request Information701 Third St., Boonville, MO 65233 Request Information113 South Pine, Eldon, MO 65026 Request Information3201 W 16th St, Sedalia, MO 65301 Request InformationOne Technology Drive, Linn, MO 65051 Request Information6915 South Highway 63, Houston, MO 65483 Request Information901C South Bypass, Kennett, MO 63857 Request Information205 S Ridgeview Dr, Warrensburg, MO 64093 Request Information400 GW Lane, Waynesville, MO 65583 Request Information
Source: Practical nursing programs appearing on these pages have been retrieved from their respective state board overseeing practical or vocational nursing licensure. The data was retrieved on Sept 14, 2016.
- When choosing a career in the nursing profession, it is important for individuals to know the differences between a Certified…
- When embarking on a career in the nursing field, many students may not be aware of the differences between the…
- So, you are thinking about a practical nursing degree or maybe you are already in a program, I am willing…
- Many people might not know the exact difference between a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and a Registered Nurse (RN). Although…
- The very moment I heard my name called letting me know I would be accepted into the Sowela practical nursing…
Missouri LPN Licensing Requirements
Missouri requires individuals wishing to become LPNs in the state to complete an approved nursing program and pass the NCLEX-PN. The graduate must also submit the following before sitting for the required exam for licensure:
- Completed and notarized application for licensure.
- 2x2 inch headshot (passport-style) photo.
- $41 fee—money order, cashier’s check, or check.
- Official state-approved nursing program transcript.
- Criminal background check.
Missouri Licensure Information and Forms (http://pr.mo.gov/nursing-licensure.asp)
The physical demands of being an LPN may require strength and endurance—while this may not be a requirement to apply for LPN jobs across the state, it should be considered as part of the daily activities of an LPN.
As a member of the Nurse Licensure Compact (https://www.ncsbn.org/nlc.htm), Missouri does not require other NLC nurses to hold a Missouri license to practice in the state. However, LPNs for states outside of the compact area must apply for a license by endorsement to practice in the state of Missouri. The application must be signed in black ink, notarized, and $51 must be sent along with the following:
- Copy of LPN license from issuing state.
- Official transcript from any/all state-approved nursing programs that include current name, date of completion, degree awarded, and school’s stamp or seal.
- Verified license from original state of licensure.
- Criminal background check.
Applicants from foreign countries must submit approval from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) after they have evaluated the official transcripts and completed a full course-by-course review.
Missouri LPN licenses expire May 31st every even year. Missouri LPN Fees (http://pr.mo.gov/boards/nursing/lpnfees.pdf)
Learn more about Missouri LPN Jobs, Salary, and Employment Outlook.
Additional MO Nursing Resources
Missouri State Board of Nursing
3605 Missouri Blvd.
P.O. Box 656
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0656
Phone: (573) 751-0681
Fax: (573) 751-0075
1. Missouri Nurses Association (http://www.missourinurses.org/)For those interested in advancing their nursing career, see our Missouri LPN to RN programs page.