Becoming an LVN in Laredo
The city of Laredo is situated in the Webb County in Texas, United States and is one of the most populated states in the border of US - Mexico. The occupation of LVN is considered a bright career here and a much appreciated job opportunity. The average salary is to the tune of $43,730 dollars with an average hourly salary of $21.02 dollars. It accounts for the employment of about 72,000 people in the region which is pretty high and accounts for 0.7% of the resident’s occupation.
The presence of a number of quality colleges in the region such as the Laredo Community College situated at Washington Street, provide quality programs for pursuing this career. Also there is no dearth of employers in the area as there are a number of health firms are present such as Doctors Hospital of Laredo, Laredo Specialty Hospital, Drisscol Children’s Hospital and many more.
LVN’s are required to be on their feet for much of the daytime and they might have to lift patients who have distress moving in bed, standing upright, or walking. All these responsibilities can be demanding, as can working with ill and wounded people be. But the satisfaction one obtains while serving them, is incomparable to anything and also a decent amount of remuneration is provided which makes this a good career option in Laredo, TX.
LVN Programs Near Laredo, Texas
Laredo Community College
West End Washington St, Laredo, TX (956) 722-0521
0.0 Miles Away
NCLEX-PN Pass Rates
- 2014 Pass Rate: 90.0%
- 2013 Pass Rate: 97.8%
- 2012 Pass Rate: 80.6%
- 2011 Pass Rate: 77.1%
Get More Information About: Laredo Community College
- Nurses are often the first responders to Code Blues. They are the ones at the bedside around the clock, and…
- One role of a nurse is as an educator. Registered nurses usually provide patient teaching as is involves assessing readiness…
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) perform task-based nursing care under the direction of a registered nurse. Specific tasks may include administering…
- Team nursing is a model of care that has persisted for many years. In this model, RNs act as the…
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are a valuable member of the healthcare team and can work in a variety of settings.…