Becoming an LPN in Reno
Those considering a stable and rewarding career in Reno may wish to enroll in a practical nursing program. This entry into nursing is a fine career choice. Through the next several decades, demand is slated to exceed the average job growth due to longevity and the need for a wider range of healthcare.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics publishes a report every two years about the trends in each operational industry. The most recent report from May 2021 found 390 LPNs in Reno. That approximates to 9% of the total number of local nurses.
Full-time practical nursing programs in Reno take between 12 and 15 months, while part-time programs progress between 24 and 30 months on average.
The Nevada State Board of Nursing is responsible for approving educational programs for nurses and licensing LPNs.
LPN programs usually cover the following subjects, though some offer slight variations and other skills:
- Communication and People Skills
- Information Technology
- Nursing Children (Pediatrics)
- Women’s Health (Gynecology and Obstetrics)
- Human Physiology
- Older Care (Gerontology)
- Addiction Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
Schools That Offer LPN Programs in Reno, NV
Unitek College - Reno
- Website: https://www.unitekcollege.edu/programs/practical-nursing/reno/
- Address: 5250 South Virginia St., Suite 110, Reno, NV 89502
- Phone: (888) 725-5641
Students will start in a classroom, then enter simulated health settings before finally getting real world healthcare experience. Full-time students will finish this program in 12 months. Among the learning facilities are collaboration rooms and a state-of-the-art simulation center, including birthing centers and a pediatric ward.
- Book and attend a mandatory career planning session and admissions interview
- Proof of high school education, GED, or other equivalent
- Take and pass an entrance assessment test
- Fill out the admissions application and enrollment agreement
Employment Opportunities for LPNs in Reno
There are plenty of work opportunities in Reno for trained LPNs. Here are the most likely places you will find employment:
- NaphCare Inc
- Prime Healthcare
- Aya Healthcare
- TotalWellness Inc
- Center For Behavioral Health
- Life Care Center of Reno
- Alta Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- CompassionCare Hospice
Other healthcare related employment opportunities: