Becoming an LPN in Orlando
Those in Orlando looking for a promising career should consider practical nursing. This career is a great entry-level healthcare pathway with consistent demand and job stability predicted through the 2020s and beyond. This is due to increased longevity and an aging population with greater healthcare needs.
In May 2021, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) published its most recent report and calculated 4,360 practical nurses working in the Orlando-Kissimmee area. That was around 17% of all local nurses.
If you choose to study practical nursing in Orlando, you can usually complete a full-time program in 12-15 months. Part-time may take closer to two years or more.
The Florida Board of Nursing is the agency responsible for vetting training programs and for licensing nurses in the state.
The LPN curriculum typically covers the following subjects, with some variation between schools:
- Interpersonal Skills
- IT Skills
- Communication Skills
- Obstetrics / Gynecology
- Mental Health & Addiction Recovery
- Psychological Nursing
Schools That Offer LPN Programs in Orlando, FL
Orlando – Orange Tech College
- Website: https://www.orangetechcollege.net/programs/career_certificates/H170607
- Address: 6359 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32810
- Phone: 407-317-3212
OTC - Orlando Campus is Central Florida’s major provider of healthcare education. This 1,350-hour program includes both theoretical and practical instruction. Along with the standard LPN courses mentioned, students will also take surgical nursing and transitional skills for nursing. The curriculum blends classroom instruction, labs, and on-the-job healthcare experiences.
- Pass the TEAS V Assessment (minimum score of 70)
- Mandatory information session
- You will be eligible for CNA certification during study
- A valid government issued form of identification
- Two separate documents as proof of Florida residency
- TABE Level A pass; TABE exemptions may be available
- Concordant tests – with scores no older than 2 years
- Submission of any of the following: PERT, GED®, SAT, ACT, WBST, Accuplacer
- Active-duty military personnel are exempt
Employment Opportunities for LPNs in Orlando
Looking for practical nursing employment in Orlando? Here are the most common employers:
- University of Central Florida
- AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL
- Rowan Medicine
- Orlando Health
- Women’s Healing of Oviedo
- University Behavioral Center
- The State of Florida
- Orlando Senior Health Network
- Premise Health
- Well 65 Plus
Orlando NCLEX-PN Pass Rates
|NCLEX-PN Students Total||185||2,797|
|NCLEX-PN Students Passed||116||1,929|
|NCLEX-PN Pass Rate||62.9%||69.0%|
Listed below are the top LPN schools in Orlando based on our LPN program rankings for FL out of 88 other accredited programs offered in the state:
- Orange Technical College - #5
LPN Programs Near Me in Orlando
Cambridge College of Healthcare & Technology - Altamonte Springs
460 E Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL (407) 265-8383
Orange Technical College
301 West Amelia Street, Orlando, FL (407) 246-7060
J & J Healthcare Institute Inc.
1410 N Pine Hills Rd., Orlando, FL (407) 839-3363
SMTL School of Faith & Nursing, LLC.
6220 S Orange Blossom Trl #517, Orlando, FL (407) 857-0204
Gwinnett Colleges & Institute
1900 North Alafaya Trail, Suite 100, Orlando, FL (407) 691-3391